Pashin Aleksandr Alekseevich, Doctor of pedagogical sciences, dean of the faculty of physical training and sport, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Vasilyeva Aleksandra Mikhaylovna, Postgraduate student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mukhamedzhanova Venera Fatikhovna, Candidate of psychological sciences, head of the Office of educational and social work, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. Health promotion and formation of a healthy lifestyle of student youth is a state priority. This problem is impossible to solve without studying the characteristics of the value attitude to health, as it determines the success of wellness activities, the level of health in general. The aim of this work is to study students’ value attitude to health.
Materials and methods. The methodological basis of the study was the concept of personality’s subjective relationships. The authors used the “Index of attitude to health” test, as well as the questionnaire “Me and my health”. The researchers analyzed the protocols of control tests of physical conditions of PSU students.
Results. The obtained data allows to estimate the parameters and components of PSU students’ value attitude to health. The authors identified students’ needs and motives of a healthy lifestyle, self-estimation of health.
Conclusions. The comparative analysis of the data obtained in 2009 and 2013 displays a reduction of the level of value attitude to health among today’s students. One of the reasons for this state of affairs, first and foremost, is a low level of knowledge about physical fitness and, as a result, an inflated self-estimation of health. The findings allow to make adjustments in the process of educational and recreation activities and sport, to carry it out with regard to the sudents’ sphere of needs and motives.
self-estimation, level of health care, physical training, values, motives.
1. Pashin A. A. Vestnik sportivnoy nauki [Bulletin of sports science]. 2008, no. 3, pp. 49–52.
2. Myasishchev V. N. Lichnost' i nevrozy [Personality and neuroses]. Leningrad: Izd-vo LGU, 1960, 224 p.
3. Deryabo S. V., Yasvin V. A. Direktor shkoly [School director]. 1999, no. 3, pp. 7–16.
4. Pashin A. A. Formirovanie tsennostnogo otnosheniya k zdorov'yu v fizicheskom vospitanii uchashcheysya molodezhi: avtoref. dis. d-ra ped. nauk [Formation of value attitude to health in physical education of student youth: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of pedagogical sciences]. Moscow,2011,48 p.
5. Pashin A. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region Gumanitarnye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Humanities]. 2009, no. 4, pp. 125–131.
6. Yakimovich V. S., Kondrashov A. A. Teoriya i praktika fizicheskoy kul'tury [Theory and practice of physical training]. 2003, no. 2, pp. 6–9.